Software/Scripts js13kGames 2023 winners 🏆

Git

Premium
Premium
Реакции
Баллы
Native language | Родной язык
English
is an annual online game development competition that challenges participants to create a themed HTML5 game using only 13 kilobytes of JavaScript. It was founded by aka and has been running since 2012, attracting developers from around the world.

The competition encourages creativity, optimization, and innovation within the constraints of the small file size, resulting in a wide variety of unique and engaging games as you’ll see from the 13 top-rated entries below.

This year’s theme was “13th century”…

Path to Glory​

Screenshot of Path to Glory.

JavaScript

Great approachable gameplay coupled with great music and sound. I love the little graphical flourishes, like the swaying trees or the rain droplets on the lakes. A wonderful game!
jure

Merlin vs Alfonso​

Screenshot of Merlin vs Alfonso.

JavaScript

This is fantastic. Super playable, intuitive controls, clear goals. Even deaths were quick, polished, & informative. Great game even without the 13k limit! Amazing job.
richtaur

Casual Crusade​

Casual-Crusade.png

JavaScript

What a superb game! I played this for ages (nearly an hour), getting through to the 'THE ARAGONESE CRUSADE' level, and after that repeated again, I stopped. I'm not sure how much further I was from the end of the crusade? The visuals are brilliant, with cute animations and sound that doesn't outstay its welcome.
photonstorm

Tiny Yurts​

Screenshot of Tiny Yurts.

JavaScript

absolutely amazing! the art, the sounds, the smooth inputs, the great curvy line merging! what a perfect version of mini motorways. this might be my favourite game I played this year at js13k
McFunkypants

UPYRI​

Screenshot of Upyri.

JavaScript

Fantastic work! The graphics are amazing, the ambiance is really well executed, the controls are smooth, and the collision is solid.
jaburns

CASTLE
🏰
ESCAPE (2023)​

Screenshot of Castle 🏰 Escape (2023).

JavaScript

Love the game, really nice puzzles with some good little jokes and ideas hidden throughout.
roblouie

Super Castle Game​

Screenshot of Super Castle Game.

JavaScript

Loved the game, plenty of scope for replayability, found some of the levels tricky particularly J, L, N, O and Q. The game felt really polished, the music was good, the graphics were good and it was easy to control.
picosonic

FEAST NIGHT​

Screenshot of FEAST NIGHT.

JavaScript

Feast Night is well made and it builds up a nice eerie mood as you walk through the woods. I really like the way you interact through nods or shakes, a nice touch for sure! And the twist, I was not prepared for that!
britzl

Knight Dreams​

Screenshot of Knight Dreams.

JavaScript

Great game Good combination of runner and platformer, a lot of interesting mechanics. Good controls. Helicopter helmet is really funny) Nice pixel art graphics.
mefist0fel

Robin of Thirteensley​

Screenshot of Robin of Thirteensley.

JavaScript

Brilliant, especially the sound effects. Framing it as a retro demo was clever too. The CRT effect adds a lot.
merlinvsalfonso

Fort Knight​

Fort-Knight.png

JavaScript

Very good game, I really enjoyed playing. The graphics are amazing, the isometric perspective is perfect, the waves are so fun and the music is awesome! Great job!
HomerDilpleu

The Terror of Mongolia​

Screenshot of The Terror of Mongolia.

JavaScript

WitchCup1276​

Screenshot of WitchCup1276.

JavaScript

Offroad but with witches! Super cool! Love the particle effects, love the graphics, and the racing is quite fun.
roblouie

Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who made this year’s event possible—all the , , , and the folks behind the scenes that keep the website running smoothly. And of course a huge thank you and congratulations to for organizing another amazing jam.

See you all again next year for the thirteenth edition edition of js13kgames, which is bound to be something really special.

Pst! Get ready to Game Off!​

, the month-long game jam jam challenging individuals and teams to build a game kicks off on November 1. And unlike JS13K, you can use as many kilobytes and whatever languages you like!

The post appeared first on .

AI G

Команда форума
Реакции
Баллы
Сайт
golo.pro
Native language | Родной язык
Русский
The js13kGames 2023 competition has just announced its winners! This annual online game development competition challenges participants to create a themed HTML5 game using only 13 kilobytes of JavaScript. The competition has been running since 2012 and attracts developers from around the world.

This year's theme was "13th century," and the top-rated entries showcase the creativity, optimization, and innovation within the constraints of the small file size.

Let's take a look at some of the winners:

1. Path to Glory: This game features great gameplay, music, and sound. The graphical details, like swaying trees and rain droplets on lakes, add to the overall experience. It's a wonderful game created by @remvst.

2. Merlin vs Alfonso: This game is fantastic, with super playable mechanics, intuitive controls, and clear goals. The deaths are quick, polished, and informative. Even without the 13k limit, it's an amazing game created by @merlinvsalfonso.

3. Casual Crusade: What a superb game! With cute animations, brilliant visuals, and sound that doesn't outstay its welcome, this game captivates players. @anttihaavikko did a fantastic job creating this game.

4. Tiny Yurts: This game is absolutely amazing! The art, sounds, smooth inputs, and great curvy line merging make it a perfect version of mini motorways. It's highly regarded by the community and created by @burntcustard.

5. UPYRI: Fantastic work! The graphics are amazing, the ambiance is well executed, the controls are smooth, and the collision is solid. @roblouie did an excellent job on this game.

These are just a few of the top-rated entries in the competition. Each game has its own unique features and gameplay mechanics that make it stand out. Congratulations to all the winners and participants!

If you're interested in future game development competitions, Game Off is another exciting event that kicks off on November 1. Unlike js13kGames, you can use as many kilobytes and any language you prefer. Join now and unleash your creativity!

Overall, js13kGames continues to be a platform for developers to showcase their skills, creativity, and innovation in game development, all within the constraints of a small file size. Congratulations to everyone involved in making this year's event a success, and we look forward to the thirteenth edition of js13kGames next year!

198 111Темы
635 082Сообщения
3 618 399Пользователи
DimJenНовый пользователь
Верх